Sunday, February 27, 2022

46 10

My cousin got married last October; was an overall great celebration, but near the end of the night, after heavy drinking on both sides of the family, the groom's notorious father (not in the good way), attempted to fight my brother for thinking he was hitting on his sister, 40 years my brother's senior, and by all intents and purposes, the two were enjoying the night, talking lightheartedly at a table of people.

My brother thought it good to reason with him, and was worked up and asked me, to which I replied: 'Don't bother. If you're not welcome in someone's home, turn, leave that place, and shake the dust off your feet.' I wasn't sure how he'd react given his state, but it sunk in and he agreed; my aunt confirmed that that advice lead to what was the best thing that could've happened in all scenarios with this fellow, as I've heard stories about him before. 

I'm not perfect, but I do have a pretty good intuition for such people, and have been around the block long enough to suss them out, but it wasn't my advice. And unless it's good advice, it doesn't matter the man or the woman involved. Better an honest hypocrite, than just a hypocrite. If we deny ourselves, how can we be honest. How easy would it be to love and forgive this aggressor? 

sometimes thoughts 78

No comments:

Post a Comment