Monday, July 4, 2022

the Darling

I type on my phone at 3am up north in bed.

Alone with my thoughts.

14 years ago I friended you. Knew you once. 

You introduced me to Viva la Vida. 2008.

We corresponded briefly several times afterward.

Nice Canadian girl. 

You died Jan 5 2019, your death a mystery to me.

I am surprised nonetheless, because you were alive.

Your beau remarried (gf) with kid two years later in Australia.

Pre covid this happened. Your death.

I wish you happiness in the hereafter.

God have mercy.

Silently you left, your memories linger, posted by others, mainly your family.

This affects my mortal thoughts as I sit staring into darkness.

You were sweet, caring and lovely. Really, a Darling.

I didn't even know you well, briefly in life, but you affected me at that particular time poignantly.

Your death passed as my life was passing, a different time. 

I love life experience. Living means dying. 

You lived to be 34 years old.

I love you. Not like your family or husband does, but I do. 

Dance the cosmos. That Montreal interpretive stuff you told me about.

 

The waking sleep evades not the certain dawn of morning,

challenging my restful balance, 

in this life,

while I still can. 

 

There must always be time.



Dying means living thoughts 83


 

No comments:

Post a Comment